Thursday, February 5, 2009

clinging....

Today was so great. Last weekend was so great. I think that as I debrief the things that were so great I am beginning again to realize, that my Savior is quite fond of me. I've been on a journey. In some senses it has been a long journey, but for today I'm going to think about the short journey I currently find myself in the middle of. 

The goings on in my life and in my mind are far too amazing to be called coincidence. The term coincidence doesn't give credit to the Master Hand that is behind the goings on in both my physical and spiritual life. I cannot count the times in the last few weeks that I've thought in my mind or said out loud, "God is so good to me!" "God is clearly in this!" "I'm pretty loved!" 

Something that I've believed for a long time is that, sometimes you have to go through life seasons that are difficult and the joy found in being able to say any of those last few statements is deep and profound because they come from a place of clinging to the Savior.  I still believe this, but what is new in my heart and mind is that sometimes you go through seasons of life that are not difficult, seasons that are fun and interesting and sweet and the joy found in being able to make any of the above mentioned statements is deep and profound because they come from a place of clinging to the Savior. 

Today in the middle of easy, fun, happy moments; I've found myself experiencing joy so deep that it feels like God is sitting right next to me. Giggling at the things I giggle at. Getting teary at the things that get me teary. Rubbing away chills that we both get when "coincidences" happen. 

I try to come up with words that make sense of this fondness that the Lord is showing me he has for me. I try to tell stories of how fun it is to find yourself in the tender gaze of your maker. I try to dive into the deep places of my heart and put words to the to the feelings of knowing with all that I am that God-the triune God- is fond of me. He is partial to, addicted to, enthusiastic about, passionate about; attached to, enamored with, in love with, having a soft spot for; hooked on, sweet on, struck on... me!

I have stories. I'll try to articulate them for you (whoever reads this).  But what I really want you to know is that; these stories (coming up), these "coincidences" are not happening by chance. I think they are happening because: I've found myself experiencing joy so deep and profound in a place where I am clinging to my Savior.

3 comments:

  1. So so great. And so so true. Your life encourages me. Your life inspires me. And your life challenges me. I just love how you "get" God...in a way that few others seem to. Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait to hear more about your recent "coincidence" tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you blog, I blog, let's be blog friends.

    i miss you.

    wackywalkers.wordpress.com

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know you were a blogger. I think your last paragraph is a great realization and a great reason to write a blog. Other people have some dumb reasons.

    ReplyDelete