Saturday, January 24, 2009

still january... excited about Vday already!!

true story: 
I used to absolutely hate Valentines Day. My friends would get all excited and I would just get mad and talk about how no one really loved me and how lame a day about love was and how lame people were for even thinking about liking that day.

another true story:
What an awesome change that has occurred in my life. I love Valentines Day. I am sitting here on the  24th of January looking forward to the next few weeks as we gear up for a beautiful LOVE day celebration. I've had some good experiences in the last few years but I think that the thing that has changed the most in my feelings toward this particular day in the year is... I love love. I love being able to show people how much I love them. I love getting a chance to say it. I love planning loving things. I love love songs. I love sappy movies. I love love. 

best true story:
I haven't had to "fall in love" to experience a super awesome appreciation of Valentines day. I used to pray that I would fall in love and someone could "love" me into enjoying February 14th. Jesus knew what I really needed. I needed to appreciate, not falling in love, but love in the broader sense. This day doesn't have to be about butterflies and intimate his and her kind of love. It gets to be what you make it. And I choose to make it a day of loving all the people I love OUT LOUD. Look forward to it people, cause I sure am.

I can't wait for the plans I've made. I can't wait... Well I guess I have too. I'll love you until then... and after then too!

2 comments:

  1. Kandice, you never cease to amaze me. I LOVE how much you love love...because ultimately God is love...and your love of love is a reflection of your love for Him (never thought I could use love so many times in one thought)! Thanks for being a world changer...and for loving people into the Kingdom...and for demonstrating the heart of God for everyone. You have been such an instrumental part of this season of life I am in and I am so thankful for how the Lord has used you to teach me new things about Himself and the journey of life that we are all on.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so excited to spend valentines day with you!

    ReplyDelete