Sunday, January 11, 2009

group number two rocks my socks off!

what a glorious sunday today has been. i've enjoyed everything a sunday has to offer and then some. it was a particularly beautiful day in redding, really the heavens opened up and allowed for the most beautiful january 11th ever.

i went to church were we were verbally kicked in the gut. during lunch after church we discussed the pain we find ourselves in when we hear about what happens around the world. it is tough to think about hopelessness and lives void of truth and love that comes from the source of hope and truth and love. i'm still pondering the idea of how to respond as Isaiah did in chapter 6. "Here I am Lord, send me Lord" what does that look like in real life? what does going mean? where do i have to go? how can i help everyone that stirs within me a longing for them to know truth? what does it look like, today? I've decided to pray for a deeper urgency everyday to share the truth of who Jesus is with people who do not know Him. I'm going to go about my business asking and longing for truth to spill out over my words, actions and even my intentions.

church was good. lunch after church was grand.

my group of friends definitely fits in the category 2 and today proved it over and over and over again. i cleaned my house and planned a meeting and a few of my peeps and i took a little ride along the river trail on mountain bikes. it was awesome and beautiful and kinda hard to get up the big hill at the end. but i made it and was even able to breathe at the top, so that is good. it must be all of those hours in the gym :)

we had our first young life leader meeting of this semester and it was so awesome. so fun to get back together and enjoy each other. so great. we laughed and shared life and i really can't think of a better way to enjoy a sunday than with people i love so dearly doing things i really have fun doing. 

i'm missing some of my peeps right now. i'm missing the ones who i've spent so many sunday afternoons with. i'm kinda sad that i cannot just build a bubble where everyone i've ever loved could just be together allllll the time. it's okay. love runs deep and the people i love, wherever they are...i'll be praying that the God of the universe would give them deep joy today. that they would know Him in the depth of who they are....

what a glorious sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment