Thursday, July 23, 2009

the good life.


i drove up to woodleaf for a couple of reasons yesterday.
1. to see my friend Matt Barton, who is really cool, who was enjoying his first week at Young Life camp.
2. it was my friend Jackie's birthday. I love birthdays
3. dinner at Woodleaf is delicious
4. Mandy's gonna do an assignment there next month and it was cool to just go check it out with her before she moves there for a month!
5. Woodleaf may very well be my favorite place on the planet.

i was extra blessed while i was there. i had so much fun and it was just a really cool day, evening, time...i think we were on property for 5 hours. I'll try to keep my list as short as possible. (but i was really blessed)
1. Matt was pretty excited when I saw him. I love to surprise people.
2. Just being on that property brings life to my soul. Nothing needs to happen. I don't need to see anyone. I just love Woodleaf!
3. The drive was pretty sweet. Good tunes. Good company. Good conversations. Good fresh air. Good ICEE's.
4. Like I said before, I love to surprise people and Jackie, Bri, Heather, Tony, Matt... everyone was surprised. It was really cool.
5. I saw the best program I have ever seen. (that's saying something, people i know are really funny, these people were HILARIOUS!!)
6. Special music... Awesome. We got to hear a super sweet song. broken and beautiful, such true words.
7. Sin talk: heavy- so dang good. AND the speaker was a woman. Made my heart real happy
8. Listening to the high school boys behind me sing was really fun. Santa Cruz kids are pretty cool!!
9. Being in a position to pray for high schoolers as they wrestle with the idea of sin in their lives and the world. I cannot think of a better time to be free to pray.
10. Sitting on the dock of the lake. Praying with my roommate. Being reminded of the work that the Lord has allowed me to join in this summer. I'm learning to be a prayer warrior on behalf of those working on the front lines of the YL ministry. Really cool.
11. Tableau. Funny!
12. Dinner. Delicious.
13. Sweet new YL t-shirts
14. Stars :)
15. driving home. ice cream with the tiny-baby brother. so great.

ONE AWESOME 10 HOUR STRETCH OF MY LIFE.
o the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment