Monday, April 13, 2009

you are who he says you are...no no no...I AM WHO HE SAYS I AM!!

I like to listen to songs over and over and over again.
I like to reread books.
I like to tell people over and over and over again how much they are loved.
I am repetitive and speak in absolutes.
I sometimes believe that repetition of truth is essential to understanding and really knowing it.

The other day, a good friend of mine told me that I was an intense thinker. She thought it had the potential to be a very overwhelming thing, something she couldn't see herself handling well. At the time I confidently placed another hole in my intellectual belt and found myself very proud of my ability to think deeply. Dismissing the idea that my thinking could potentially be something that i couldn't handle very well.

Weeks of sleepless nights have brought about a reconsideration of the notch I so sanguinely placed in my intellectual belt. I think too much. I lay in bed at night thinking about things that are not even pressing. Things that I can quite easily think about in the morning. My mind becomes consumed and overburdened with thoughts that are rooted in irrational fears that I encounter every moment of every day.

The Lord is showing up. Funny thing about the Lord showing up is that I find the God of the Universe showing up in my heart and life over and over and over again. Repetitively. He is showing up in the songs that I listen to over and over again. Declaring to my heart; "Breathe out and breathe again, know that life is hard but it's worth the breathing." That you can do that Kandice. You can breathe, God can breathe life into you and through you.

He is showing up in the books I'm reading. Declaring to my heart, reminding me to; "examine the cause-and-effect relationship between the quality and depth of our spiritual life and and the richness of our every day life." I can know the depth of who God is and understand the daily grind, that the woman that God has created me to be, is exactly the woman that I AM CURRENTLY!

God is showing up in the people that I have the opportunity to remind about his love. Even in the reminders that I give them. I hear myself declaring to these onese that I love things that I myself need to hear. From the Lord?

He is repetitive and speaks in absolutes. He says to me... You are beautiful. You were designed for this, for this time, for this place, for these people. I created you, created you to need me. You see yourself differently than I've designed you to see yourself and I will join you there. I'll come and take you away, move your heart away. Slowly but surely, my magnificent daughter, you will know the difference between the truth and a lie. You are who I say you are.

The King of Kings knows that I sometimes believe that the repetition of truth is essential to understanding and really knowing it. He knows so well that, He keeps showing up. Over and over and over again. Hopefully today will be the day that I begin to hear him and really believe... I am who He says I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment